Patagonia is a stunningly beautiful region at the very bottom of South America, shared by Chile and Argentina. If you are in love with dramatic mountain landscapes, Patagonia is a must for you: ice-crowned massifs with sharp peaks, clear lakes, picturesque waterfalls and azure glaciers. Patagonia is a home for guanacos, condors, armadillos and even pumas, which we hope to meet in Torres del Paine National Park. I kindly invite you to join this incredible journey.
Day 1 (11 April)
We pick you up at Punta Arenas airport/or hotel in Punta Arenas at the agreed time and head to Torres del Paine National Park (3-4 hour drive). I strongly recommend you to arrive one day before the start of the tour and stay at a hotel for one night to have rest after a long flight. After check-in at Pehoe Campsite, we go for sunset shooting near our camp at Pehoe lake.
Day 2-3 (12-13 April)
We will photograph famous Pekoe lake and dramatic horn-like Los Cuernos peaks, have an unforgettable boat trip on Lago Grey to reach amazing azur Gray glacier, visit Nordeskjold lake, Laguna Azul and Amarga (we have a chance to see beautiful flamingos), Salto Grande waterfall and – with luck – meet guanacos, armadillos and pumas.
Day 4 (14 April)
Our sunrise location is panoramic view from Explora hotel. After breakfast we will drive to our next destination in Argentina – El Chalten (6-7 hour drive).
After check-in we will have a short hike to shoot a beautiful panoramic view of a famous Fitz Roy mountain. We will have dinner at a cozy local restaurant and then come back to the hotel.
Day 5 (15 April)
After breakfast we drop off at the hotel some unnecessary luggage (like laptops, extra clothes) and start out for a hike to a camp site, where we will spend 2 nights. After settling in a camp we head to photograph fantastic place – a mountain waterfall with a view on Fitz Roy.
Day 6 (16 April)
In the morning we try to catch magic light at Laguna de Los Tres. This is the closest view to the granite wall of Mount Fitz Roy and the surrounding peaks. In the evening we will photograph a “secret waterfall”.
Day 7-8 (17-18 April)
After morning shooting in Laguna we take a hike to our next camp site where we’ll spend two nights. We will shoot magnificent Cerro Torre and explore the area near this beautiful monument of nature.
Day 9 (19 April)
After sunrise shooting close to the campsite we hike back to El Chalten and then drive to El Calafate (4-5 hours drive). We check-in and have dinner in a traditional restaurant.
Day 10 (20 April)
On this day we are going to visit a famous glacier Perito Moreno, a Patagonian wonder. We will shoot a magnificent ice tongue of the glacier, surrounded by colourful autumn forest. We will have a boat trip, which allows to photograph the glacier at a closer distance. A telephoto lense is strongly recommended.
After evening shooting we come back to El Calafate, and taste well-known cordero patagonico (local lamb) accompanied with Argentinean wine for dinner.
Day 11 (21 April)
This is the last day of our trip. After breakfast we will go to Punta Arenas (8-9 hours drive). Another option – departure flight from El Calafate International Airport.
P.S. During our photography tour we might adjust our plan due to weather conditions. We will also practice street photography and portraits.
Price: 3.900,- euro
REGISTRATION PAYMENT: 1.000,- € to book and hold your spot (non-refundable)
MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 9
- Lodging in Apartments/Hotels + Campsites (Chile & Argentina)
- NP Entry
- All transfers are included in the price, including Airport transport
- Boat Tour at Glacier Grey
- Breakfast everyday
- Lunch, Dinner when camping
- Post Processing (editing) seminar – Our workflow, tips & tricks, Lightroom + Photoshop
- Guided by 2 professional photographers (English, German, Russian, Croatian, Czech languages)
Not included in the price and paid additionally:
- Dinner and Lunch at Apartments/Hotel
- Air / train tickets
- Personal expenditures (souvenirs etc)
CANCELLATION, REFUND POLICY & PAYMENT:
- Greater than 120 days from the start date of the Workshop. Full refund minus deposit
- 90 days or more – 50% refund
- Less than 90 days: no refund
- Refunds will be paid by the same method that the original payment was made
- Wide angle lens (11-24mm or 16-35mm)
- Middle range zoom lens (24-70mm)
- Telephoto zoom lens (70-200mm or 100-400mm if you have
- Memory cards
- Extra batteries
- Shutter release
- Chargers + Powerbanks
- Camping gear (Tent, Sleeping Bag, Sleeping mattress)
- Waterproof jacket
- Waterproof pants
- Waterproof shoes or rubber boots
- Raincoat, extra socks
- Casual clothing for dinners, visits of towns, processing sessions